Monday, November 17, 2008

my heart is breaking

Human trafficking. Sexual slavery. Children and women sold. A baby two weeks old sold for a couple hundred dollars to "help" the family. This baby named Ellie has fortunately been rescued and adopted but there are so many others that need to be rescued and redeemed. This has to break God's Heart to see babies, children and women treated this way. I went downtown the other night for a benefit gala to learn a little more about all of this. Hearing the testimonies of women who were saved from this life is amazing and sad all at once. So sad that they've been forced to live this way but so amazing that God has saved them and they now see themselves as Princesses of the King, purified inside and out. I don't even think of myself that way some days and I've not lived and been treated the way they have been. I want to help, but how? God and I will be working on that together. For now, let's pray and pray often. Pray for a village in Cambodia called the chicken farm. This is a village of hundreds of children, just children, the same age as some of your babies. This is a brothel village, called the chicken farm because it's so easy to pluck a child. If that doesn't disgust you, something is seriously wrong with you. Please pray. If you want to learn more and help in some way, check out these websites. Women At Risk (W.A.R) International is who held the gala. You can even shop for Christmas in their WAR Chest. Rescued women are taught how to make jewelry and other things to help support themselves and their families so they never have to sell themselves again. I bought a black Pearl of Hope, I helped someone. I'm also going to be hosting a jewelry party, helping again.

warinternational.org

thehomefoundation.net

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Me too. You come to mine. I'll come to yours. In the meantime, I am with you in praying!