Monday, February 9, 2009

again with the paint...


This is my favorite sweatshirt of Owen's and after stressing out (I know I didn't need to but I was none the less) about what to paint his room I thought why not use the colors in this, I love them, so that's what I did. His walls are the light blue color and everything I'm decorating with I painted one of the stripe colors or at least as close to it as I could.
Bought this cute surfboard at Michael's and googled surfboards and found one I liked and tried to paint this one to look like it. I added cork board and ribbon to it then made some cute thumb tacks. They have some other super cute things like guitars, princess crowns, quote bubble (I don't know what it's actually called or how to describe it), girl and boy silhouettes (like you see on bathroom signs) and a few others.


Found canvas at Hobby Lobby, hot glued it then painted it to make a cute growth chart, we've had fun painting with his feet and hands lately :) I'll add more hands throughout the years as he gets bigger. I know the duck tape is an eye sore but I don't have the dowels cut yet, oops.






I painted this box months ago and mod podged fun paper all the way around it and ribbon, I needed something to do.




2 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor Neka! Her face is totally blocked. Though I know the pic is of the surfboard and not of the pics on it. :)

Andrea said...

thanks for the birthday wishes!