Tuesday, October 7, 2008

5k

About four or five weeks ago I started training for a 5k. I might not ever run one but I wanted to be able to run a mile or two (and eventually three) without completely dying. So far it's going well, I'm doing better than I ever did in college when I was in pretty good shape! I had to get new shoes and now I have a running partner that pushes me (more than she pry realizes). We both have young kids so to work our schedules out so that we don't give up precious family time, we decided early in the morning works best, 5:30 am early! It's great cause I'm a morning person and by the time 7am rolls around I've gotten so much done! It allows me to spend some much needed completely uninterrupted quality time with my God too, which then in turn makes the day go so much better cause I've started it off with the One who loves me most in this world! I am sleepy however so my bedtime is about the same as Owen's!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow, your running partner sounds awesome!

I think you'll run one even if it's just one. If we're lucky, Chicago sometime in the Spring! :)